Situated at a distance of 11 km from Mount Abu, Achalagarh fortress was built beneath the reign of the Paramara dynasty. Later it become renovated by means of Maharana Kumbha in 1452 CE. The castle was made with the reason to hold a watch on enemy moves.
there's a well-known Shiv temple, Achaleshwar Mahadev Temple and Mandakini Lake in the complicated of fortress. in thecenter of Achaleshwar Mahadev there's a sculptured photograph of Nandi (the white bull on which Lord Shiva rides) that'smanufactured from 5 meats (bronze, gold, zinc, copper & brass).